Purdue Bronies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Purdue Bronies

Forums for the Purdue Bronies Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Other Fandoms

Go down 
+2
Ster Zetanee
Robert018
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Robert018
Lunar Resident
Robert018

Other Fandoms Empty
PostSubject: Other Fandoms   Other Fandoms Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 2:17 pm

So what other fandoms do you guys belong to (or just what other hobbies/interest do you have) I know we have a few bronies from "that" group [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] but what else Anime? Tarantino films? list your stuff here
Back to top Go down
Ster Zetanee
Master of Skittles
Ster Zetanee

Other Fandoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Fandoms   Other Fandoms Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 2:58 pm

Fandoms- There are several.
Halo - It's always been good to me and I have love the series since the beginning.
Anime as a whole - I could elaborate further but that would jsut invovle a list of all the anime I have watched and liked.
Spice and Wolf - You know you love an anime when you spend 2 hours looking for a cosplay group of 3 people at a con 28,000 people. Sadly we
failed to find the Holo, Kraft, and Norah Cosplayers that day. (put this under anime because I typically have a hard time finding fans
of this anime.)
Furry Fandom - Found MLP because of this fandom's image boards. They are typically awesome to be around, but I haven't attended a Con for them yet. This one is just fun and I enjoy the art that comes from all of the Talent in the fandom. Many of the artist I followed before MLP are now drawing ponies so this on overlaps with MLP for me at the moment.

Going to get controversial from here on out in my post.
/rant I really dislike the Homestuck Fandom at the moment, within the context of anime cons, I don't have anything bad to say about Homestuck itself but it's fans irate me. Every con I have been to in the past year has had incredibly rude Homestucks, with no understanding of how to act at a con. They disrupt other cosplay shoots, block hallways creating fire hazards, and other things that cause general trouble at cons.

Most of this can be attributed to the fans all being 13-17 year old girls going to anime cons for the first time and acting like it's a con just for homestuck, which is why I currently am annoyed with that Fandom. Outside of cons I have no problem with them other than linger displeasure because of what they did to 3 different cosplay shoots I attended at ACEN.

I also have a friend who is into Homestuck but has since dissociated himself from the fandom because of how they acted at the cons he attended. /end_rant

/end_Wall of Text
Back to top Go down
Robert018
Lunar Resident
Robert018

Other Fandoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Fandoms   Other Fandoms Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 3:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Halo was my entire gaming childhood, everything from ce to 4 really enojyed/enjoy the seires
Back to top Go down
Ster Zetanee
Master of Skittles
Ster Zetanee

Other Fandoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Fandoms   Other Fandoms Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 3:47 pm

Ok, well finally made my animelist account so here you go.

I might have forgot something but that has everything in the watched folder of my external, plus all the on going and other animes I could think of.

I don't even compare to my friend though.
When I finish all the ones I am watching right now I just go to that list and find a 10 I haven't watched yet. Though it will be a while because on average I am watching like 4 episodes of anime a week. (Total not per anime.)
Back to top Go down
Robert018
Lunar Resident
Robert018

Other Fandoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Fandoms   Other Fandoms Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 5:05 pm

naruto-you're crazy
bleach-you're insane
glad I didn't watch claymore I guess, was about to
Back to top Go down
Ster Zetanee
Master of Skittles
Ster Zetanee

Other Fandoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Fandoms   Other Fandoms Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 5:41 pm

Robert018 wrote:
naruto-you're crazy
bleach-you're insane
glad I didn't watch claymore I guess, was about to
My rating of Claymore is because the last 3 episodes of the anime make it so they can't continue it. Until those 3 episodes the Anime is word for word to teh manga, then they passed the manga and fucked up everything for those 3 episodes.

As for Naruto, that was the first anime I watched, because I had seen 50% of it on Cartoon Network.

Bleach, I actually skip all the filler arcs (except the bount arc that one is good). I am also watching a filler arc right now, why I haven't finished bleach yet...., because a friend who has cleared the entire show recommended this arc.
Back to top Go down
Robert018
Lunar Resident
Robert018

Other Fandoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Fandoms   Other Fandoms Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 6:50 pm

naruto childhood-know that feel bro, its just the episode count is too daunting
so apart from closed ending would you recomend claymore?
Back to top Go down
Ster Zetanee
Master of Skittles
Ster Zetanee

Other Fandoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Fandoms   Other Fandoms Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 7:15 pm

Robert018 wrote:
naruto childhood-know that feel bro, its just the episode count is too daunting
so apart from closed ending would you recomend claymore?

Yeah, overall the anime is really good, I just hate anime that stray from the manga greatly if the manga is on going. For example Elfen Lied, I rate that highly because it is good even with the botched couple of episodes, because let's face it Elfen Lied is graphic and i doubt people would want to see the real ending (MANGA IS SO MUCH BETTER). Claymore is closer to Full Metal Alchemist (FMA) though, except Claymore didn't stray from the manga so much that they are willing to redo the anime.

If you like Claymore after watching the anime consider reading the manga, I have only heard good things about the manga. I plan on reading the manga once I have time.

EDIT:

Also, you think Naruto has a High episode count, look at One Piece. There is also this anime called Detective Conan, it's on episode 680, and has been on since 1996, I have heard it's acutally has alot more episodes than that, probably from the spinoffs and the OVA's.
Back to top Go down
DJTFresh
Bass Cannoneer
DJTFresh

Other Fandoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Fandoms   Other Fandoms Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 6:57 pm

Though by involvement I suppose am I a brony first, I also would call myself a loyal member of the fanbases of
-Star Trek
-Star Wars
-Farscape
-Supernatural
-Pokemon
-Stargate

Never been a big anime fan, but as you can see the SciFi channel was always there for me growing up. I still am active in the Super and Scaper communities, and still play Pokemon on emulators if that counts.
Back to top Go down
Robert018
Lunar Resident
Robert018

Other Fandoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Fandoms   Other Fandoms Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 9:42 pm

watched a litle supernatural in high scool, but scared to get into it again, seeing how long it is
Back to top Go down
Ster Zetanee
Master of Skittles
Ster Zetanee

Other Fandoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Fandoms   Other Fandoms Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 9:52 pm

I wouldn't let the length of shows scare you away, if a show is as long as Super Natural, and several anime out there. They are that long for a reason, they are good enough to run for that long. Best example, Yakitake! Japan, it's a 100+ episode anime, with NO FILLER AT ALL, and it was glorious.
Back to top Go down
Robert018
Lunar Resident
Robert018

Other Fandoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Fandoms   Other Fandoms Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 11:42 pm

two reasons long shows scare me
the time commitment foremost, I can have more control on how much I watch over a year with shorter animes, and dont like taking long breaks, ie I can watch 3 animes (like 100 episodes) and be done, but if im stuck in a 150 plus I have to keep going or forget what happened

secondly because I like animes that are designed to be < 2 seasons start with the end in mind. The creators have a limit and no where they want to be and when. The series is designed to come to a predestined close that puts it all in perspective. I feel like most longer aimes have to keep going on, toping each plot twist and villain with another, bigger one. Worlds can only take so much developement before they are either contradictive or outright ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Ster Zetanee
Master of Skittles
Ster Zetanee

Other Fandoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Fandoms   Other Fandoms Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 5:07 pm

I suppose it does depend on the anime. I like my 27+ animes depending on how they are done, but I also like the -15 anime because they are short, fun and very rewatchable.

Below is an anime that is currently airing but with only 3 minute long episodes. I highly recommend checking it out.

WARNING!!!! The players spazzes out and is flashing at the edges of the player, may cause issues if you are epileptic.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mr. Ex Vice President
King of the Griffons
Mr. Ex Vice President

Other Fandoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Fandoms   Other Fandoms Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 5:48 pm

Sloth Fandom
Back to top Go down
Robert018
Lunar Resident
Robert018

Other Fandoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Fandoms   Other Fandoms Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 2:10 am

lol I saw inferno cop 1 and just thought it was a /a/ board joke, never knew there were more episodes
Back to top Go down
Ster Zetanee
Master of Skittles
Ster Zetanee

Other Fandoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Fandoms   Other Fandoms Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 12:38 pm

Every week I watch for inferno cop's new episode because it's just insane. I believe it's typically up on Wednesdays though.
Back to top Go down
baconpork
The Pony
baconpork

Other Fandoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Fandoms   Other Fandoms Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 3:25 am

Actually I wouldn't describe myself as being in any other fandom.
I tried reading Homestuck, got a few hundred pages in and left to go do something, never got the motivation to start again. (Though I've been thinking about giving it another go)
I've seen Haruhi Suzumiya, or at least the first season, and I enjoyed it, but never got around to watching any other Anime.
Never really cared for anthropomorphic things.
I like Pokemon enough to buy the games, but I'd hardly consider that being active in the fandom, especially compared to ponies (So many things I do are at least tangentially pony-related, it isn't even funny)
Back to top Go down
alpha142
The President
alpha142

Other Fandoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Fandoms   Other Fandoms Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 6:34 am

Hm. I don't think I've ever really sat down to think about what fandoms I actually participate in. I know a lot of not-so-common information about a decent number of series, but I don't actively participate in many of them. Really, all my participation for these fandoms is all reading fanfiction. From that, the list is comprised of Naruto, The Elder Scrolls, Star Wars and League of Legends.
Back to top Go down
Ster Zetanee
Master of Skittles
Ster Zetanee

Other Fandoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Fandoms   Other Fandoms Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 6:07 pm

I forgot one fandom.

Kingdom Hearts.

Currently playing through KH 2 FM on an emulator.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Other Fandoms Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other Fandoms   Other Fandoms Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Other Fandoms
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Purdue Bronies :: Off Topic-
Jump to: