Forums for the Purdue Bronies Group

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

That song I've been working on is done maybe

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr. Ex Vice President
King of the Griffons

PostSubject: That song I've been working on is done maybe   Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:06 am

If anybody has 18 minutes to spare to listen to this song, tell me what you think of it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I was planning to have a gradually building drum section through the entire track, but I just couldn't get it to sound the way I wanted, and I do like it as it is.

If you do listen to it, tell me what you liked, what you didn't like, how you think it could be improved, etc.

[edit]Oh My God listening to it with Rainy Mood playing in the background makes it 20x cooler [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Mr. Vice President on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DJTFresh
Bass Cannoneer

PostSubject: Re: That song I've been working on is done maybe   Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:40 am

My remix of it is done. I added a few things you might like.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Ex Vice President
King of the Griffons

PostSubject: Re: That song I've been working on is done maybe   Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:13 pm

DJTFresh wrote:
My remix of it is done. I added a few things you might like.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DJTFresh
Bass Cannoneer

PostSubject: Re: That song I've been working on is done maybe   Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:15 pm

No problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Idriaka
Junior Speedster

PostSubject: Re: That song I've been working on is done maybe   Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:10 am

Link doesn't work...? Now I'm just sitting here listening to rain sounds behind Rick Astley. What have you done to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Ex Vice President
King of the Griffons

PostSubject: Re: That song I've been working on is done maybe   Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:12 am

Idriaka wrote:
Link doesn't work...? Now I'm just sitting here listening to rain sounds behind Rick Astley. What have you done to me.
I'm sorry for your loss.
It should work now. The url got buggered when i uploaded a new version of it, but that's it in the post, now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Idriaka
Junior Speedster

PostSubject: Re: That song I've been working on is done maybe   Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:03 am

Not bad! Listened to it a few times as I finished my presentation before I gave it a focused listen.

**WARNING*** Amateur attempt at critique incoming ***WARNING***

I liked it overall, very mellow and soothing.

The only thing that really caught me was the extreme amount of reverb in everything. I mean, I know it's intentional, but it might help to have some sharper element to contrast with it (maybe reduce reverb on celestia's voice or the bell/chime/keyboard sound? I think that might actually be one reason the rain sounds good with it besides mood-setting, heh.

That's all I got right now though. I'll see if I think of anything later on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Ex Vice President
King of the Griffons

PostSubject: Re: That song I've been working on is done maybe   Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:29 am

Hay, it's a youtube video now

I'm releasing it to the wild.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frozen Raine
ᚠᚱᛟᛉᛖᚾ ᚱᚨᛁᚾᛖ

PostSubject: Re: That song I've been working on is done maybe   Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:47 am

There a moments when the bass kick overpowers the treble voices, so you might benefit by reducing the velocity a bit. In other places the vocals are too quiet as well, which could be easily fixed by automating the volume and balancing it. Also, love 7:30-.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That song I've been working on is done maybe   

Back to top Go down

That song I've been working on is done maybe
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Purdue Bronies :: General Discussion :: Music-
Jump to: