Purdue Bronies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Purdue Bronies

Forums for the Purdue Bronies Group

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Double Rainboom Discussion. Contains spoilers.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ster Zetanee
Master of Skittles
Ster Zetanee

Double Rainboom Discussion. Contains spoilers. Empty
PostSubject: Double Rainboom Discussion. Contains spoilers.   Double Rainboom Discussion. Contains spoilers. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 11:18 pm

For the art, I will say it was ok but it was not perfect.

The voice acting was left out were they could so parts where a AJ, Rarity, and Fluttershy could have said something, AND likely would have in a normal episode they said nothing.

The story was ok until 18 minutes in.
Spoiler:

In the end I liked SnowDrop INFINITELY more.
Back to top Go down
Robert018
Lunar Resident
Robert018

PostSubject: Re: Double Rainboom Discussion. Contains spoilers.   Double Rainboom Discussion. Contains spoilers. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 1:09 am

pretty much my thoughts, not to be a bitch but I am pretty disappointed
Back to top Go down
Robert018
Lunar Resident
Robert018

PostSubject: Re: Double Rainboom Discussion. Contains spoilers.   Double Rainboom Discussion. Contains spoilers. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 1:11 am

maybe one good scene spoilers link pic [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Robert018
Lunar Resident
Robert018

PostSubject: Re: Double Rainboom Discussion. Contains spoilers.   Double Rainboom Discussion. Contains spoilers. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 1:19 am

fun minigame
read comments on EQD
read comments on /mlp/
kind of funny
Back to top Go down
baconpork
The Pony
baconpork

PostSubject: Re: Double Rainboom Discussion. Contains spoilers.   Double Rainboom Discussion. Contains spoilers. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 2:01 am

I went in not expecting it to be show accurate and I actually liked it a lot. The crossover was a bit odd, but I just enjoyed it for what it was.

...People were expecting there to not be any fan pandering in a fan episode?
Back to top Go down
Robert018
Lunar Resident
Robert018

PostSubject: Re: Double Rainboom Discussion. Contains spoilers.   Double Rainboom Discussion. Contains spoilers. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 2:04 am

think a lot of it was over-hyping as a something comparable to the show....what we got was an okay animation to a bad fic, if they took the time and effort it took to tie in PPG (which I'm assuming didnt take much effort) and put it towards working on the actual original plot it would have been much better, snowdrop was much better
Back to top Go down
baconpork
The Pony
baconpork

PostSubject: Re: Double Rainboom Discussion. Contains spoilers.   Double Rainboom Discussion. Contains spoilers. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 2:31 am

I kind of stopped paying attention to hype after Fighting is Magic got C&D'd, so that could have been part of it. I was a tad disappointed by how little was done with the powerpuff girls considering how much time they devoted to that, but it doesn't change the fact that I was genuinely amused while watching it.
Back to top Go down
Robert018
Lunar Resident
Robert018

PostSubject: Re: Double Rainboom Discussion. Contains spoilers.   Double Rainboom Discussion. Contains spoilers. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 2:31 am

at least I have CotN to hype about
Back to top Go down
Zodo
Junior Speedster
Zodo

PostSubject: Re: Double Rainboom Discussion. Contains spoilers.   Double Rainboom Discussion. Contains spoilers. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 8:46 am

I initially avoided Double Rainboom when it was released, simply because i expected the server to be thrashed. I heard the furor over it as it aired, and started having low expectations for it.

but I watched it anyway, on Sunday afternoon.

I liked it. A lot of the criticism was due to typical overanalyzation. Sure, it isn't up to the same quality as a professionally made episode. People who are upset about it should demand their money back.

As for the crossover, I was entertained. Part of this was because I have been a fan of Cartoon Network programming for a while, so this brought out the nostalgia goggles for me.

Overall, I give it a hoof up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Double Rainboom Discussion. Contains spoilers.   Double Rainboom Discussion. Contains spoilers. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Double Rainboom Discussion. Contains spoilers.
Page 1 of 1